Riverview Fire Protection District #2
Fire station design must create facilities that are functional, safe, and efficient and fit within budget limits. We listened, communicated and collaborated with this municipality designing a large, modern, functional fire station. Goals addressed the growth of the department and shortened the response time of the station while recognizing the need for flexibility and value in the publicly-funded facility. The exterior incorporates low-maintenance materials including brick and cast stone blending with the surrounding residential area.
- Size 6,480 sf
- Location St. Louis, Missouri
- Sloped topography required careful site design to accommodate the fire apparatus
- Open concept kitchen, dining, and day room, private sleeping quarters, private bathrooms
- Drive thru apparatus bay with decontamination areas and storage mezzanine
- Backup diesel generator power system and sprinkler systems